7 hour session
LOCATION: BEND, OREGON
Dates offered: see below
LIMITED TO 5 PEOPLE PER class
I teach 4 classes a month, click Reserve Your Spot to select the date that work best for you! After you sign up, you'll receive information about where we'll meet, what to bring, as well as suggestions on where to stay if you're coming from out of town.
It's not about your camera, it's about the art of seeing and the power of pre-visualization. This 7 hour class is about honing your skills as a photographer, helping you visualize what you want in a photograph and understanding your subject and its relation to your vision. Enabling nature to calm your busy mind will allow you to focus. The concepts you learn in this class can be applied to any subject you photograph.
This is an intensive photography and artistic immersion for the individual that desires a deeper dive into their photography. We'll be immersed in photography, art, nature, observation and artistic creation. Over the course of the day we'll get into:
- Your artistic vision
- The art of pre-visualization
- Understanding light
- Looking at shape, tonality and light and how to use them to inform your work
- Subject isolation
- How to see possibility in any scene or subject and find what others miss
- Color blocking and complementary colors
- Color and black and white creative theory
- The use of quiet observation and slowing down
- Approaching gear and equipment from a creative place
- Relating what you feel with what you see into a photograph
- Listening to your artistic voice and seeing the power of art
- And much more...
What camera to bring
- Any camera you feel comfortable with (iPhone, dSLR, medium format, view camera, digital or film, etc.)
- I have extensive experience with most camera systems and capture mediums; from film to digital, iPhone to view cameras.
- I'll have my film medium format, dSLR and iPhone on site
- Outdoor appropriate clothing for we'll be outside all day
- Moderate walking and/or light hiking
- The worse the weather is, the more interesting the image is! Be prepared for any weather conditions.
Extras Provided by me
- Simple morning breakfast with coffee or tea
- Lunch and snacks
- Transportation to and from the class meeting point