1 DAY photo IMMERSION
LOCATION: BEND, OREGON
Dates offered: see below
LIMITED TO 3 PEOPLE PER SESSION
It's not about your camera, it's about your love of photography. This experience is about honing your skills as a photographer, helping you visualize what you want in a photograph and understanding your subject and its relation to your vision. Enabling nature to calm your busy mind allows you to focus on what's in front of you. The concepts you learn in this class can be used with any subject you photograph, be it the landscape, your kids, your dinner or your vacation.
This is an intensive photography and artistic immersion for the individual that desires a deeper dive into their photography. We'll be immersed in photography, art, nature, observation and artistic creation. Over the course of the day we'll get into:
- Understanding light, composition and tonalities and how to use them to inform your work
- Subject isolation
- Color blocking and complementary colors
- Color and black and white creative theory
- The use of quiet observation and slowing down
- Approaching gear and equipment from a creative place
- Relating what you feel with what you see into a photograph
- Listening to your artistic voice and seeing the power of art
- And much more...
I have several sessions scheduled, click Reserve Your Spot to select the dates that work best for you! After you sign up, you'll receive detailed information about where we'll meet each day and what to bring, as well as suggestions on where to stay if you're coming from out of town.
What camera to bring
- Any camera you feel comfortable with (iPhone, dSLR, medium format, digital or film, view camera, etc)
- I'll have my film medium format, dSLR and iPhone on site
- Outdoor appropriate clothing for we'll be outside all day
- Moderate walking and/or light hiking
- The worse the weather is, the more interesting the image is! Be prepared for any weather conditions.
Extras Provided by me
- Simple morning breakfast with coffee or tea
- Lunch and snacks
- Transportation to and from the event sites each day